Ice cream isn’t something we eat a lot of in our house but sometimes I just have a craving for it. We always have bananas and cacao powder on hand so I can make a batch of this easy banana chocolate ice cream in a few minutes.
I used the Cave Girl NZ recipe for this and just simplified it a little. Feel free to add extra toppings if you want to. She has a great recipe book which you can buy here http://www.cavegirl.co.nz/buy-my-book/
- 1 heaped tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas (peeled, chopped in large slices and frozen)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons cold water
- Put the cacao, nut butter, vanilla, bananas into a food processor
- Blend until the mixture is crumbly
- Slowly add in the water to make it a soft serve consistency
- When it’s done serve immediately or keep it in the freezer
- When you take it out of the freezer it will need a few minutes to soften before eating
- Like I said, you can add some toppings – nuts, seeds, fruit, coconut flakes – or eat it by itself. It’s yummy either way!
You can always change up the flavour by adding a few drops of peppermint or orange essential oils. Make sure the oils are good quality ones, you can purchase them by clicking here.
Let us know how it goes!