If you had some success brewing the kombucha in our February newsletter then you may now be suffering from kombucha overload but fear not! Here is a recipe for kombucha gelatin gummies for you to use up some of that spare kombucha…
Gelatin makes a great healthy substitute for store bought jellies and you can create a variety of flavours and colours depending what liquid you use. Although it is a healthier treat, remember to have sweet treats in moderation!
This is based on the Gut Healing Gummies Recipe by Ben Warren. For different liquids you can use check out the link here https://www.bepure.co.nz/blogs/news/gut-healing-gummies-recipe
You will need:
- ½ cup kombucha
- 1.5 tablespoons gelatin – we recommend the Great Lakes Gelatin
- Container/moulds to pour it into – You can use whatever moulds you like but some moulds are fiddly to get the gummies out again. We just use a rectangle container and then cut it into little pieces once it’s set
- Pour the kombucha into a pot and add the gelatin
- Turn on the heat to low and whisk till the gelatin and water are combined
- Heat for another 5 minutes until it’s simmering at the edges, but don’t let it boil
- Pour it into your moulds or container
- Leave to set in the freezer for 15 – 30 minutes, check on it to see when it’s set
- Keep in the fridge for 3 – 5 days
Post a picture of your gummies and let us know how they turned out!